Affordable and Effective Solutions for your Intra-Hospital Patient Transport Needs
Our Clamping Systems connect hospitals current patient transport equipment (wheelchair, stretcher, bed, gurney, rollators, etc…) to the patients IV Pole.
Our Clamping Systems are made to be:
- easy to install,
- simple to use,
- easy to store away,
- helpful in reducing patient transport time and
- Most importantly to reduce injuries to patients as well as transport staff/nurses
Is there a need for Safe Patient Handling Equipment?
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015 (Chart 20)
“Nursing assistants had the highest rate of MSDs among these occupations with 200 cases per 10,000 full- time workers as well as the highest number of MSD cases in 2014.
- Out of 365,580 MSD (Musculoskeletal Disorders) Cases in 2014 – Nursing Assistants had the highest incidence of injuries.
- Back injury costs range from $5,000 – $100,000.
- 12% of nurses leave the profession each year due to back injuries.
- Over 52% of nurses suffer from chronic back pain.”
Our Clamping Systems are in over 100 Hospital Facilities in the U.S.A. We also have sold our products in Germany, Canada, and Australia.
AxtraHand® strives to provide the latest technology for solutions in healthcare to streamline safe patient handling operations and improve patient safety. With patient and caregiver safety in mind, AxtraHand® offers a broad range of latex free products.
All of our safe patient handling products may be cleaned with your general maintenance equipment cleaners that are used for your current wheelchairs, stretchers, patient transport equipment and IV Poles.